Juliet cherry bush white leaves

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I’m hoping there is an active user here lol. I recently found this site in hopes for some clarification on my newly planted cherry bush.

I planted it in the ground this spring and it’s quickly turning white in Color on its leaves. I’m pretty sure this is not normal and has some mildew disease. I’m wondering if anyone can confirm this, and if it is this, is there salvaging this young plant? Or am I better off taking it out of the ground?

Pictures to follow!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 2

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like mildew, it can be saved have you had a lot of rain lately ? Not sure what type of spray you can use.
Here is a video

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks I’ll take a look at that video for sure.

It has been super dry and just rained. But this started a couple weeks ago through the very hot and humid weather.

Reaction score
Country
United States
We have never did well with Cherry Bushes or Standerd Trees.

Had one looking bad on one side. Trimmed off the bad other decided to die funny one out of a dozen.

Mildew has been years. Don't remember the mix but used Apple Vinegar and Water to spray worked great.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
Canada
One tablespoon of potassium bicarbonate, half tsp of liquid dish soap and a gallon of water kills mold instantly.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks I’ll try some of these remedies. I purchased a fungicide spray to try to help.

We have had hard rain most the day today and a new cherry tree I bought as a back up to this bush started to show the white after I got home from work!

Ugh lol

Hope to get a resolution and I’ll keep you guys updated!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thanks I’ll try some of these remedies. I purchased a fungicide spray to try to help.

We have had hard rain most the day today and a new cherry tree I bought as a back up to this bush started to show the white after I got home from work!

Ugh lol

Hope to get a resolution and I’ll keep you guys updated!
Did you get the tree from the same place? That could be the problem or it could be in the soil you are planting them in. The mold can stay in soil for years.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So no, I ended up getting two new trees from a greenhouse instead of where I got the cherry bush.

I also bought new dirt and put these new trees in planters to try to help grow them stronger. And then transplant in a Year or two.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
These are the two new trees purchased on Saturday and planted yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_5708.jpeg
    IMG_5708.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5709.jpeg
    IMG_5709.jpeg
    312.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5710.jpeg