Japanese maple help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys, sorry if I'm in wrong thread, does anyone know what these are on my Japanese maple tree ?

I will attach a photograph, thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20200615_185432.jpg
    20200615_185432.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 111
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
hey guys, sorry if I'm in wrong thread, does anyone know what these are on my Japanese maple tree ?

I will attach a photograph, thanks in advance
What you have is called armoured brown scale. It is a sap sucking bug. Once you kill it, it will stay on the tree until the growth of the tree sheds the scale. They are like a barnacle, stuck there. To kill them you have to smother them. Use Neem Oil or horticultural oil over the ENTIRE tree. Do this once a week for 3 weeks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What you have is called armoured brown scale. It is a sap sucking bug. Once you kill it, it will stay on the tree until the growth of the tree sheds the scale. They are like a barnacle, stuck there. To kill them you have to smother them. Use Neem Oil or horticultural oil over the ENTIRE tree. Do this once a week for 3 weeks.
Thank you very much! Will look into this

Ask a Question