January is for Dreaming

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you for the information, Rosyrain!:) Now, I'm a little worried that I won't manage to grow orchids. But of course I will try. I really, really want to see two beautiful orchids on my window sill:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'll definitely post a picture of them:)
Are orchids hard to grow? I've never tried to do it, but I'm willing to experiment. Blooming orchids look like pieces of art, I love admiring them!:D
My mother never had any problems with them. I think the key is to find a place they like with the correct amount of sun, and the correct watering/feeding. I've never been very good with indoor plants - I just can't seem to get the watering requirements right. You should definitely give them a try.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
My mother never had any problems with them. I think the key is to find a place they like with the correct amount of sun, and the correct watering/feeding. I've never been very good with indoor plants - I just can't seem to get the watering requirements right. You should definitely give them a try.
I will:D Orchids are such gorgeous plants, I'll buy two of them as soon as I clean my living room.They'll look beautiful here.
Do orchids need a lot of sun?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Orchids do like sunshine. I have never tried to grow them inside because my cat would eat them, but I know that they do not like the cool wet climate outside of my house. I learned that you can spray chili water on plants and cats will not bother them, so I might try to grow one again. The problem is that my kitchen is on the darkest side of the house and I really have nowhere to put my plants in the living room, which is the light side.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Not for me it's not.
The bloke who had the next allotment to me, packed it in, but he left it in such a mess that no-one else wanted it.
Step forward muggins.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Orchids do like sunshine. I have never tried to grow them inside because my cat would eat them, but I know that they do not like the cool wet climate outside of my house. I learned that you can spray chili water on plants and cats will not bother them, so I might try to grow one again. The problem is that my kitchen is on the darkest side of the house and I really have nowhere to put my plants in the living room, which is the light side.
Your cat eats plants?:p
I have 4 large window sills, it's a lot of space for many kinds of plants, but, unfortunately, the previous owners of the flat installed window blinds, so all rooms are shady. I hope I'll manage to grow my dream orchids here. In the worst case scenario, I'll remove one of the blinds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh yes, my cat loves to chew on the leaves of my plants. Is he has destroyed many of them. I thought about planting some grass in a small pot and giving that to chew on to her hearts content. Someone on this forum suggested that to me a while back.

Ask a Question