Its time to plant a new tree!

Reaction score
We need to plant a new tree this spring. It will come faster then we know it. I want a tree that gives us fruit. I was told to avoid a peach tree because they make a huge mess. So far our apple tree hasnt been to bad. Fruit falls and we pick it up.

Are there trees that are easier to work with or less messy then others? Is it worth it to deal with the mess for a tree that might produce more?

Reaction score
Peach is my favorite...peach cobbler...peach jam.....fresh peaches........ I think any fruit tree will make a mess. At the price of food now, with nothing to look forward to but higher prices, for me, it is worth the mess.

Reaction score
I agree. The more food we can create as opposed to walking into a store to get the better.

I dont mind cleaning up a bit here and there. Some people just made it sound like a nightmare to take care of. I dont want to walk in thinking that it will be as easy as my apple tree and have it be a disaster. Peaches are so good. Especially ripened on the tree and full of that sweet juice. I wish I could plant the tree now and have teh fruit next year. lol. I guess the sooner I plant it the sooner I get fruit though.

Reaction score
I am hoping for fruit from mine this coming year. Would have had some this year but we had the late freeze. I can imagine they would be messy in the fact that the fruit is soft, so cleaning up a peach glob might be more work.... something to keep in mind.

Reaction score
People in my country say that you've done nothing on this earth until you plant a trees and build a well. :)
I would choose a cherry tree.

Reaction score
Ive talked to my mother. We are going to team up and share our bountys. She is going to plant a peach tree in her yard this spring and I am going to plant a apricot tree I think. I am still undecided about the apricot since its is so much like a peach. Cherries are my second choice. I know I have until spring to decide but I am a planner and I love to know what is going on well before hand.

Reaction score
A little competion is always good :) That way you could share tips and let each other know about how the trees evolve.

Ask a Question