Is this lettuce or cabbage?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Everyone I am a novice gardner. This is the first time I have ever attempted to garden, and I am lost but loving it. Right after I planted my garden, we had a wind storm that blew all of my tags away. I do not remember what this plant was. I think that it's lettuce, but I am unsure.

Attachments

• IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like you are doing well for a first attempt :)
I am inclined to agree with YumYum, but to be sure why not taste a bit? Pretty different taste, but both edible.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you, Oliver, lol I ended up having a huge salad. I am enjoying the garden very much. But I seem to spend most of my time trying to keep bugs and critters from destroying my plants or harvest. I never knew birds were such a nuisance. It's too bad they are not interested in Bibb lettuce.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pigeons and doves go for my leaf veg. given half a chance. I have some lengths of plastic mains water pipe, a longish stick in each end and plug it down to the ground either side of the row and they make a good basis for putting netting over. Brassicas I find I do not have to be too careful, pigeons know about traps and don't like getting under anything, but strawberries I have to seal up every crack or there will be a blackbird in there when I get back. Of course they don't remember how they got in and panic, I have to dismantle things some to let them out.

Ask a Question