Is my Weibang Lawnmower Faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me if my Weibang Lawnmower is faulty. It is the first lawnmower i have owned and i have only used it a couple of times. The problems is with the gears and the self propelled function. I thought that having a self propelled lawn mower was supposed to make the job easier but it is making it more difficult to control the mower. It has seven gears and it does not matter what gear i use it takes of in front of me and is so hard to control that it feels like it is about to do a wheelie as it makes the front of the mower seem so light. It is actually easier to push manually than to us the self propelled function. Is this a fault with the mower or am i doing something wrong? Thanks

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

If it isn't difficult to push the mower, I would continue to use it that way, or trade it in one for one that is easy to push. For most average-sized lawns a self-propelled or driven mower seems excessive... but I should ask, how large is your lawn?
In any case, it is hard to troubleshoot such a problem by description alone, but even if it is not malfunctioning, it is still not functioning the way you hoped.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought the mower as i am wanting to do grass cutting as a part time business next year as an add on to my carpet cleaning business. I have dome a couple of jobs at the end of the season and found the mower to be out of control when i engaged the self drive function and i am wondering if there is anything i can do to fix it if there is a fault.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Perhaps, as a professional tool, self-propulsion would be a valuable feature, though I don't find the average mower too strenuous to push. I mostly used an electrical corded mower on my lawn. That is before I gardened my lawn away with other plantings. I would contact the manufacturer and learn more about how your mower is designed to be operated. There may be videos online. Then you at least will be able to judge if the trouble is with the mower or your operation of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
If it has 7 gears, you probably should use a lower gear as it should be slower. If it always is going the same overly fast speed, then either you are not shifting properly or the transmission (or its control) needs adjustment. Look at it as an important part of the work, that being maintenance toward tuning your equipment to your purposes.

*I went and looked it up, and the commercial version has 7 heights not gears. There seems to be a speed control lever next to the throttle lever. If you could take it back and get a toro commercial it may be better, not as high of a motor for getting under things and the various levers for height and handle adjustment not sticking out to get mistreated by the bushes and such.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is the slowest gear the lowest numbered gear or is it the other way around. I'm unsure? Might need too take it out of winder storage to try it again. It is a weibang 46 mower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I was made redundant I started cutting grass just like that. I used a rotary push mower, though I had a cylinder mower. Most of the people who got in touch had let their grass get way out of control and it needed something that would cope with the rough conditions, also it went in and out of the back of the car more easily, lighter and lower. The few people who wanted good lawns cut regularly were usually elderly and had a cylinder mower for me to use, they were also much the nicest and most appreciative people to work for, they had time to chat, knowledge to pass on which allowed me to expand, and having done it themselves appreciated what was involved, there was usually a cup of tea and a piece of cake as well. One tip, ask if there is anything in the long grass, I have found everything from metal posts to a tortoise.

Ask a Question