I'm devastated...most of leaf gone...POOP!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I was actually going to buy some sort of organic snail pellets.

I found 2 snails already heading for the beer! The first one I put in to "test" the snails swimming ability. It drowned. The second one I watched go to the beer, but it backed away. I put it on the outer edge of the bottle and it's just hanging out on the side. It dunked it's face in, but I'm not happy with the results. They keep backing out.

I'm going to order that product tonight.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
Just checked, the snail made its way out and survived...until I manually took it and dropped it in. Ridiculous. I'm going to order the snail bait with spinosad that you recommended.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I was actually going to buy some sort of organic snail pellets.

I found 2 snails already heading for the beer! The first one I put in to "test" the snails swimming ability. It drowned. The second one I watched go to the beer, but it backed away. I put it on the outer edge of the bottle and it's just hanging out on the side. It dunked it's face in, but I'm not happy with the results. They keep backing out.

I'm going to order that product tonight.
You have to use a fairly steep sided saucer or bowl for best capture. You will also catch pill bugs. With pill bugs a straight sided jar works best. Don't worry, snails get more rambunctious in the dark, just like most drunks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just checked, the snail made its way out and survived...until I manually took it and dropped it in. Ridiculous. I'm going to order the snail bait with spinosad that you recommended.
Yes, it's organic and it works. It is fairly expensive but a little goes a long ways. I don't have many snails or slugs of which it is actually designed for but I do have multitudes of cutworms. If I don't use it on my green beans I won't have any as the cutworms cut the seedlings down before they have a chance to grow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
upload_2016-6-14_9-10-4.png

If you see any snails shaped kind of like this (ice cream cone) don't kill them. They actually eat the bad snails. They are called decollate snails and are very beneficial in the garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
View attachment 13475

If you see any snails shaped kind of like this (ice cream cone) don't kill them. They actually eat the bad snails. They are called decollate snails and are very beneficial in the garden

Really? Usually I just collect all snails and put them in bin ...never knew they can be beneficial too.

Ask a Question