Ill mango trees :'(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
France
I did water the plants by the bottom (in a bucket of water), it worked well, I felt the weight of the pots getting larger.
Now it's been one day since watering and I have little buds coming out of the trees, they were not there yesterday (or at least they were not that large) maybe there is some hope:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
France
They are definitely coming back to life even though I don't like the black areas on the leaves:

First mango (eldest):
bv0RfBRhNfUlv1jY.JPG
bGbILgKTjF4VB5OJ.JPG
J7QE8tYJvPDzF9ZW.JPG
5kM6Y10s6N8OiQOV.JPG

The smaller one (youngest):
inN58VNchMcxQx6O.JPG
3kQl3evwvUp9r12J.JPG
07QN0UVqDriKD69x.JPG
Z3VPaHbkF9qFdUuv.JPG

The little Winter Setup:
q4Ke2OJ5bWDDBVE8.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Let's hope that they improve as the brighter weather comes along Nazmi. If the new shoots develop well, then you can consider removing the damaged leaves at a later point, but I wouldn't do it just yet.

Reaction score
Country
Nepal
I have mangoes trees, but I have never grown them in pot. I think your problem is related to soil quality and water. I suggest you to transplant your mango plant to another pot.water the plant for few days until it takes firm roots. The stop watering. Too much ater can damage the plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
France
@Sheal: As you may have seen, I did cut the damaged parts of the leaves on the first mango tree, I don't know if it was of any help, but I will do as you said if the new leaves get as expected :D

@Vinaya: do you have any infos about soil requirments for mangoes ? I transplanted both "trees" about a month ago in normal potting soil, but when I did, I saw that there are not much roots, if you have any ideas on how to get a better root system also, I think that would help them get better

Ask a Question