Will bulbs come back up through soil

Reaction score
Country
us
We recently had a shop added to the end of our driveway. Before construction began there was a beautiful row of stella dora lilies and several other types of bulbs all along the drive. The dirt work necessary buried some of the plants. They are probably under a good foot of dirt . Will they come back up ,even tho they are now buried deeper or do I need to replant all. I went out with a shovel and a hayfork but because the ground is now frozen ,I cannot uncover them. They would be dormant this time of the season anyway.

A

Advertising

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
ca
I'm kinda thinking those are way too deep. A foot of dirt is a pretty good resurrection defier for bulbs.all you can do is wait and see. Frozen ground won't give you a chance to do anything but wait anyway. At least the shop is in and next year yoj can comlplete the bed. :)

A

Advertising

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
us
They are probably too deep. Funny you would mention them. My wife had some in a planter I was reworking today and she said they were expensive but I never found them and just quit looking. Shoveling is not my favorite activity.

A

Advertising

Ask a Question