Will bulbs come back up through soil

Reaction score
Country
United States
We recently had a shop added to the end of our driveway. Before construction began there was a beautiful row of stella dora lilies and several other types of bulbs all along the drive. The dirt work necessary buried some of the plants. They are probably under a good foot of dirt . Will they come back up ,even tho they are now buried deeper or do I need to replant all. I went out with a shovel and a hayfork but because the ground is now frozen ,I cannot uncover them. They would be dormant this time of the season anyway.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I'm kinda thinking those are way too deep. A foot of dirt is a pretty good resurrection defier for bulbs.all you can do is wait and see. Frozen ground won't give you a chance to do anything but wait anyway. At least the shop is in and next year yoj can comlplete the bed. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
They are probably too deep. Funny you would mention them. My wife had some in a planter I was reworking today and she said they were expensive but I never found them and just quit looking. Shoveling is not my favorite activity.

Ask a Question