If money were not an issue

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What is the one project you would do if money was not an issue. It could be a project around the house or in your garden. What would it be?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I would buy the farm across the road from us, have all the rusty equipment hauled off, clean up the piles of "stuff" he hoards, and turn it into a model farm.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If money wasn't an issue, I would buy a house with as much land as possible and convert the entire thing to a prairie, maybe a small section of woods, too. but that would be the dream. I could imagine waking up every morning on the prairie, looking out and seeing the birds chirping and hopping around, butterflies and bees going from flower to flower, deer in the distance, etc. I would also add a stream and pond.
I would then use the seeds I get from those plants to sell and start my own garden center with 100% native plants. Maybe donate some to parks and schools. I have dreams.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I would like to have a pond with waterlilies in it, and a gazebo to seat for relaxation. I live to be outside more during the summer, oh and since money is no object, I would love to have private fencing all around my house so I can be out there without watched eyes!

Reaction score
Probably a wall garden, they did something beautiful in my city with a parking lot. I'd love doing the same with my house :) I'd probably plant new bushes, higher ones!!!! I'd get a higher fence in front my house as well... might get a nice rose bush for the front.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Omigosh.

I have so many.

We have not lived in our current house even a year. The house itself is about 15 years old. I love it, but there are several things I want to do to it. First, I want to extend the porches, both in the front and the back. I want a screened in back porch and I simply want a bigger front porch that is also covered.

I'd like finish landscaping our entire yard as well, which honestly isn't a terribly big space, but time to do it isn't exactly flowing with four children and a husband who works. If we could afford it, I'd simply hire people to come out here and do it for us, rather than do the work ourselves.

We've done a few cool upgrades inside as well, but like the outside, things take time. I'm not nearly as settled as I'd like to be, so again, if I could afford it, I'd probably hire a decorator to come do all my little decorating ideas.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
Have all my beater motorcycles fixed up - restored and also buy replacements for all the motorcycles I used to have and got rid of. (y)

JHB

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Get my garage conversation done, changing my house from 1330 sq ft to about 1900. It add one bedroom giving us 4 rooms.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Buy a lakefront house on acreage and near wilderness up North. :)

But more immediately and realistically? I just dug out a 500-600 gallon pond in my back yard. It's lined and filled with water and a few plants. I'd love to be able to afford to go out and buy all the fancy and beautiful rocks I need to finish the project, along with a pretty fence (to keep dogs out) and lots more plants for in and around the pond.
It'll happen, but because I'm on a budget it will take a little while.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I think that makes it more special...special-er... mo'bettah. Everytime I add a new rock or flower I fall in love with it all over again. If I'd been able to do it exactly the way I wanted to the first time.. Ok I'd love it but I'm going for the silver lining!! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I think that makes it more special...special-er... mo'bettah. Everytime I add a new rock or flower I fall in love with it all over again. If I'd been able to do it exactly the way I wanted to the first time.. Ok I'd love it but I'm going for the silver lining!! :)

Mo' bettah indeed! I know just what you mean. Even though it will probably always be a humble pond, I will feel prouder of it in the end than if I'd paid a pond contractor $20,000 to build me one.
Because I'm doing it all myself (with a little help from my friend with a tractor who will move some of the giant concrete planter thingies for me.)

Ask a Question