ID these plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
What kind of plants are these? Currently they're in a spot that is shaded most of the day. Would they die if I moved them to spot that gets more sun throughout the day?

DSC_0011_1605133888051.JPG
DSC_0012.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think I recognise these plants from my nursery days. If I`m right they are both varieties of Osmanthus. ''Burkwoodii'' leaves slightly bigger than ''Delavayii''
If they are, they are among the most hardy and sought after shrubs, for the fact they stay evergreen, are very very sweet scented and are happy in sun or shade. These two shrubs of yours are quite spindly, and probably struggle to get enough water there by the wall, so moving them and maybe pruning them back by half would help them. A jolly good drink will also help.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think I recognise these plants from my nursery days. If I`m right they are both varieties of Osmanthus. ''Burkwoodii'' leaves slightly bigger than ''Delavayii''
If they are, they are among the most hardy and sought after shrubs, for the fact they stay evergreen, are very very sweet scented and are happy in sun or shade. These two shrubs of yours are quite spindly, and probably struggle to get enough water there by the wall, so moving them and maybe pruning them back by half would help them. A jolly good drink will also help.

Thank you Tetters. Do I need any special fertilizer? The woman at the local home improvement store recommends Vitamin B supplement. I was initially planning to transfer them to pots but I may transfer them to the front yard. Not sure yet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They would probably be better in the ground, and would improve with some pruning. As winter approaches it is not the time to feed any plants out there. If you think they need feeding it is best to wait until the springtime when everything starts growing again. The very best feed in my opinion is Osmocote. As for vitamin B - it will very likely help you if you have arthritis :giggle:

Reaction score
Country
United States
These two shrubs look like camellias, with an Asparagus setaceus vine twining up them. I think I see a few flower buds on them. Camellias often do best in bright shade, though I have seen them growing well in sun where conditions allow.

Reaction score
Country
United States
These two shrubs look like camellias, with an Asparagus setaceus vine twining up them. I think I see a few flower buds on them. Camellias often do best in bright shade, though I have seen them growing well in sun where conditions allow.
You know your stuff

Ask a Question