White fungi on houseplants

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning. I am looking for advice please!! During the pandemic we have acquired several House plants to make our apartment look and feel better! However, during the past week we have noticed that every single plant has this white fungi on the top of the soil? Not just one or two plants it is on all of them! They were all bought at different times and are located in different areas. It is so strange that they all have it? Can someone help me as to why this is, how I get rid of it and is it harmful to either the plant or us?? Thanks in advance, Charlotte

Attachments

• E9D5E423-0B04-44FE-A598-05AA6E4498C4.jpeg
    E9D5E423-0B04-44FE-A598-05AA6E4498C4.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 74
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Good Morning. I am looking for advice please!! During the pandemic we have acquired several House plants to make our apartment look and feel better! However, during the past week we have noticed that every single plant has this white fungi on the top of the soil? Not just one or two plants it is on all of them! They were all bought at different times and are located in different areas. It is so strange that they all have it? Can someone help me as to why this is, how I get rid of it and is it harmful to either the plant or us?? Thanks in advance, Charlotte
What you are seeing is a fungal property called mycelium. Mycelium is what allows fungus to eat and what it is eating is organic matter in your soil. It just shows that your soil is healthy and is nothing to worry about.

Ask a Question