I was just curious if anyone has ever seen white foam on the foliage of carrots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mike, there is no problem here. There was an article in ''The Mail'' about scientists looking at ''cuckoo spit'' as a potential cause, or carrier for a plant disease that is rife in America, although not here in England. It is that which Meadowlark picked up on. Everyone here knows it is only a possibility, but forewarned is forearmed right :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
A blast from the past!! I've never seen it in my area but I remember as a small child the 'spittle bug' down in Devon at my grans.

Ruderunner, we've started sowing plug plants of clover and putting them in the grass around all the borders of our beds - in fact, all over the lawn!! It grows into the beds, but works great as a cover crop and can be easily pulled up if you want to make space to plant something. It saves having to trim/weed where the beds join with the grass as the clover keeps the grass in check. You just mow the edge. If you mow your edges every second mowing in the summer you get a lovely, fluffy, bee friendly border around your beds in summer.

Ask a Question