Hummingbirds

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Things are better over here than early in the spring. Seems I have 2 couples again. The other morning sipping coffee on the deck one hovered 6 inches from my face, its awesome when that happens. As an FYI, my late blooming Yellow Wax bells seem to be their love, as they dart about the flowers. The honeysuckle vine continues to flower. And my feeder is changed every 3 days for fresh sugar water.

Ad

Advertisements

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Those mexican sunflowers look beautiful, orange is my favorite color, perhaps i will get some next year
They're awesome! Starting to really bloom now, and Monarch and hummingbird migration should be picking up soon. Hopefully the Mexican Sunflowers will be as busy as they were last year. I've already been seeing quite a few hummingbirds and butterflies on them.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
IMG_3340.JPG
Baby Hummingbird.jpg

I love having the hummingbirds and will miss them when they leave later this month. The first photo I took early August with my SLR camera. The second (bad ) photo was taken quickly with my phone of what I believe to be a juvenile hummingbird. One thing to remember if you have feeders out is to thoroughly wash them when changing the food. The mold that can build up in the feeding ports will kill the birds.

Ask a Question