How to get rid of Dollar Grass

Reaction score
Our lawn is being taken over by Dollar Grass! It is horrible and we can not get rid of it! Anyone have any tips on what we can do to get rid of it? Our lawn looks horrible!

Reaction score
I am afraid that I cannot help you. I am not even sure what dollar grass is? We have an annoying crab grass here that puts down several roots and is very ugly. You will see the grass but you can also see big blank patches of ground as well. Is this similar to your dollar grass?

Reaction score
I am afraid that I cannot help you. I am not even sure what dollar grass is? We have an annoying crab grass here that puts down several roots and is very ugly. You will see the grass but you can also see big blank patches of ground as well. Is this similar to your dollar grass?
This is dollar weed. It sucks that it's so invasive and deadly to other plants because I think it's kind of pretty.

0fbfe7c76ffc43cc6ed36e5e0393ef84.jpg

According to this eHow article, sprinkling household sugar on dollar weed kills it over time.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2059354_rid-dollar-weeds.html

Reaction score
Oh thanks. I have never heard of trying sugar. I will have to give that a try. I am willing to try anything!

Reaction score
If you are not adverse to a commercial treatment, try a Weed and Feed product. Make sure you follow the instructions to avoid burning the desireable grass.

Reaction score
I have tons of crab grass in my yard. It takes over everything. Do you have any tips to get rid of it? If so, I would love to hear them.

Reaction score
We have a ton of crab grass in our yard as well. I hate it. I would love to have a beautiful lawn. I have no idea how to get rid of it. We also have clovers in the mix of grass and grab grass. I would appreciate any tips on this as well. I'm opened to just about anything,

Reaction score
Healthy grass is the best remedy for weeds. If you follow a lawn care program then in a year or so you can squeeze out the undesirables. There are plenty of organic weed and feed systems or you get something from Scott's if you don't care about organics. Mainly its about due diligence with it and applying the stuff when it is suggested. Soe of it you may have to tear out and replant if it is too weedy.

Ask a Question