How tall do you let your grass grow before mowing?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
A lot of it is dictated by the weather. Earlier this summer, we had four straight days of rain and the grass loved it. By the time it was dry enough to mow, the grass was knee high in parts of my yard.. I try to avoid that. My yard is usually mowed every other week.

With all the rain this spring I mow when ever the lawn is dry enough, if I don't the dog won't go out, she hates wet feet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Twice a week. Kept 2" high. Always nice and green and never shorn close. Use a cordless mower that gives me my treasured stripes too. A twice weekly mowing makes light work of grass cutting and doesnt stress the grass. At this height it is suitable for playing on, nice and soft for sitting on and for admiring :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_1270.JPG
Very little rain but grass is still green despite played on etc. Rain tonight should refresh it but I keep grass 2" high all summer. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our "grass" is mostly weeds. But we mow those once a week to every other week depending on the rain.

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm a lawnguy in SW Ohio-we cut all our properties at 3.5, always.

Attachments

• DSCF3714.JPG
    DSCF3714.JPG
    327.7 KB · Views: 212

Ask a Question