How fast/slow is your internet connection?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Colin has just uploaded his ultra fast fibre broadband .. Being nosy and a chatterbox, I have done mine

with speedtest.net

111.jpg

If you don't mind, please tell us how much you pay roughly.. if you don't mind

I pay £28 including all phone calls .. apart from premium lines which I don't bother..

I have the feeling that I am walking the Hall of Shame .. LOL!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My speed is approx 22 mb via fibre. Cost incl rental, all phone calls is about £24 :)
Some excellent speeds in Cornwall ......my niece's new build has 300 mb; ditto my nephew but their fibre is to the house.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
My speed is approx 22 mb via fibre. Cost incl rental, all phone calls is about £24 :)
Some excellent speeds in Cornwall ......my niece's new build has 300 mb; ditto my nephew but their fibre is to the house.

What company are you with? Can whisper in conversation. £24 .. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... you're pinching my bargains as well!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
6801403919.png

Our cable company has 6 levels of internet speed from 10Mbps download/1 Mbps upload to 1Gig download/40Mbps upload, and what speed you get depends on how much speed you want to pay for.

Currently I am paying $59.95 (50.82 Eur - 45.23 GBP) for the second level.
G20 - Up to 20 Mbps Download / 2 Mbps Upload / 800 GB Allowance

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

You need to upgrade to electricity from steam alp? :(

Your package
Bundle Charges
Talk Evening and Weekends Player TV (M)SuperFibre 70
Bundle Charges total
£31.86
Phone line rental
Line Rental

Phone line rental total
£19.00
Your package total
£50.86

Bron and I are now upgraded to 100Mbps broadband so it appears this isn't yet showing on our bundle? I use the Internet a lot and we watch lots of YouTube videos with our TV hooked up to the computer; Our latest bill is just over £51 but we seldom use our landline and I only ever use my cheap mobile once a month for a maximum of a minute each time. £28 per month including phone calls is very low alp and perhaps the reason for your poor broadband service? :unsure:

If you ran my computer alp I think it would make your head spin? I hadn't realized such low speeds as yours were still being used but then it will depend on how much you pay? We've been on cable for about 28 years firstly NTL and now Virgin Media and we are happy with the service; in the 28 years we've had a few bumps but nothing to fall out with our cable supplier for. :)

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Colin I have a son.. who needs his status symbols.. I have already greatly clamped his style. I don't have a deep pocket..

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

You only need longer arms alp? (y)

Bron and I struggled for many years being short of money but now being retired with disposable income we find we have everything we want and money means little to us. Bron kindly offered to buy me anything at all I would like for Christmas but I can't think of anything; I suppose this contentment comes with age and years of doing without? :)

Kind regards, Colin.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I know the feeling as I have always been short of money as well.

Ask a Question