How fast/slow is your internet connection?

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'd like to say we have all the bells and whistles cable could offer, but that is sadly not the case. We are the victims of a monopoly plain and simple. There is no other game in town, unless we switched to a dish, which is unacceptable in every way. What's amazing is, if you are a new subscriber the cost is $90.00 a month for the same package. Until there is some sort of alternative, we are at their mercy.

I find it amazing that here in the UK we have broadband companies undercutting each other for our business whilst you Licenter in NY are stuck with a single supplier; I thought gangsters were a thing of the past but they still appear to be alive and kicking in NY and now it's legal too? :((n)

Yes it's very annoying to be loyal to a company paying full price whilst newcomers are treated much better. That certainly happens here too. :(

Kind regards, Colin.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
If you could upload your lovely HD photos with ease, don't complain.. A job well done! ;)

Come to think of it, I don't think I've uploaded any videos since I got my new internet a couple months ago. My old internet download speed was only 7 Mbps and upload was considerably worse than what I have now. It was excruciatingly slow to upload any video longer than a few minutes. Considering it's winter, I probably wont have any long videos to test it out until May. I'm interested to see the comparison.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Come to think of it, I don't think I've uploaded any videos since I got my new internet a couple months ago. My old internet download speed was only 7 Mbps and upload was considerably worse than what I have now. It was excruciatingly slow to upload any video longer than a few minutes. Considering it's winter, I probably wont have any long videos to test it out until May. I'm interested to see the comparison.

It's virtually impossible for us to upload anything. Son did the video uploads in uni.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India

You can try time lapse, freeze and thaw.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Ah, what are these, Raj???

IDK, click picture of lake or trees covered with snow from fixed point and combine them into a video or GIF. it would be nice, like water slowly turning into ice and melting away.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to say we have all the bells and whistles cable could offer, but that is sadly not the case. We are the victims of a monopoly plain and simple. There is no other game in town, unless we switched to a dish, which is unacceptable in every way. What's amazing is, if you are a new subscriber the cost is $90.00 a month for the same package. Until there is some sort of alternative, we are at their mercy.

I always complain to the CEO, threatening to leave. So now my ISP offer the same entry level and retention deal at this price £29.. Go to twitter to complain, saying that they are having a stranglehold on knowledge and education, which is true..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Y'all made me curious, so I had to check my speeds.
59.2 download, and 18.4 upload
We do have the option to increase to 100 mb, which is way more than we would ever need. Our cost for phone, internet, and tv is $220.00 a month. No fiber in my area, and doesn't look like we will get it anytime soon.

Those sound like very good speeds. My upload is only 0.7 :eek::eek::eek: and upload 4.7:eek::eek::eek:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I haggle for everything.....everything. It pays to.(y)

My mobile costs me £4 99 a month and includes data, free texts and a good allocation of free minutes. Sim only now that I bought a new phone, discounted of course :)

Sorry, Esther, yes fibre optic broadband as opposed to the older copper wires

They are rolling out fast broadband speeds down here ......an IT guy moved here for the "scenery, beaches, quality of life and .....fast broadband" . He gets 300 mb.
:)

I need the Prime Minster to use his mobile here! Cameron went to Cornwall and his daughter was born there.. and he realised he couldn't talk to any world leaders in Cornwall!

Ask a Question