Homegrown Sprouts!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I grow these tasty sprouts year around! They are good with so many things! Tonight I'm going to sprinkle some on top of my soup!

Attachments

• IMG_20220126_185642880_640x480.jpg
    IMG_20220126_185642880_640x480.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 28
Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks good! What kind, and how do you do it? I just started reading about micro greens.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looks good! What kind, and how do you do it? I just started reading about micro greens.
I grow broccoli, radish, clover, and alfalfa sprouts! They are so easy to grow and yummy! I've made probably 1000 batches so far and have had maybe 4 go bad!
I use pint size canning jars with stainless steel lids with stainless steel screens. I rinse them once a day, and they hang out upside down so they can drain all day. They are ready to eat in like 5 to 7 days depending on how warm it is. I grow them year around and they are good on everything!
When i first start my seeds, I use a heaping tablespoon of seeds and soak them in water overnight. In the morning I drain and rinse them and let them hang out upside down for almost a week and then they are ready for you to enjoy!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you Tess! You've talked me into it! (Actually I had myself talked into it already).

I really appreciate the info. I have ordered some lids and seeds. Starting with broccoli and alfalfa.

Do you just put the jars upside down in a pan? Thanks again!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you Tess! You've talked me into it! (Actually I had myself talked into it already).

I really appreciate the info. I have ordered some lids and seeds. Starting with broccoli and alfalfa.

Do you just put the jars upside down in a pan? Thanks again!
Hi there!
Yes, I put the jars upside down after I rinse them - just in a medium pot. I make 3 at a time. Don't forget to soak the seeds overnight before you start the upside down stretch! If there is a place that is well lit and warmish that seems to be the best!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just finished my first batch. Very easy like you said, and good crunchy snacks. Got more sprouting. (I should have had another batch started before these were gone, and I wouldn't have to wait).

Ask a Question