Hola from Honduras!

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Melody, and although I was born and raised in Michigan, United States, I'm now living in Honduras. I've never really gardened before although I've always had a love for nature and the outdoors, but I recently started a little gardening operation on my balcony as well as at the school where I'm teaching. At home, I have spearmint, peppermint, basil, lemon balm, pineapples, strawberries, carrots, watermelon, aloe, avocados, oranges, and am working on germinating some peppers, grapes, lemons, star fruit, and jicaro (native to Honduras). At school my students and I have planted sunflowers, green peppers, tomatoes, and watermelon as well as a couple of fruit trees.
Welcome to this forum! How are you doing? I hope we'll have great time here and exchange all sorts of knowledge about plants, seeds, gardening, etc. PS. Have a great day!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
Honduras
It's going pretty well. The tomato plants I have planted at school are huge and a couple have started flowering, and I had a bunch of red peppers germinate. I pulled the seeds from a red pepper I bought at the grocery store which makes it that much more fun. I also recently took clippings from the biggest tomato plants a couple of weeks ago with some of my students and I'm excited to show them the roots they've put out now! Our sunflowers are also starting to bloom although they only reached about 2 feet in height... :)

Ask a Question