Hola from southern new jersey

Reaction score
Hi All- I found this site while researching ideas for my yard for this gardening season. I am fairly new to gardening. Tried my hand at it for the first time about 2 years ago when I purchased a home. Went out and bought plants and trees to plant outside. They are still doing great and as a matter of fact- One of the trees I planted ending up producing plums last season. I had no idea it was even a plum tree!! LOL. So im here to learn from you guys. :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hello NJ and was a fellow NJ er but retired to VA .Fruit trees are the best .I figured if I was going to have trees why not get something to eat from them .I am also a vegetarian .;)veggie and fruit nut and with the costs going up it is better to grow your own .I miss NJ farm stands and I miss NJ sweet corn the best in the world to me .

Reaction score
Yes our sweet corn and farm stands do ROCK!!!

Imagine my surprise when I went out and there was a plum hanging from it..lol.

VA is beautiful though..and not to far that you can't visit :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
true my one son still lives up there and i did not want to go much farther south ,yard work most of the year here .Jan.and Feb. are about the only 2 months i get off .I lived in Edison near the Ford plant until we retired here in 2004 .Much cheaper place to retire too .Advantages are we have great views and none of those bad storms and i love the Hillsville flea market ,but i do miss the Englishtown flea market .We are going up in May to AC to use up all of our reward points and visit friends and my fav. place to eat east bay crab and grill .Yummy sarasota salad and there home made bread and horse radish .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I bought a purple plum one of those so called ones that don't fruit but low and behold I got fruit and still get it every year .I have 15 fruit trees now and want to buy more .Miss my farm stands .

Reaction score
true my one son still lives up there and i did not want to go much farther south ,yard work most of the year here .Jan.and Feb. are about the only 2 months i get off .I lived in Edison near the Ford plant until we retired here in 2004 .Much cheaper place to retire too .Advantages are we have great views and none of those bad storms and i love the Hillsville flea market ,but i do miss the Englishtown flea market .We are going up in May to AC to use up all of our reward points and visit friends and my fav. place to eat east bay crab and grill .Yummy sarasota salad and there home made bread and horse radish .

I absolutely love visiting Atlantic City! I live about 30 mins from there and get to visit often. Love being by the water- even though it isn't' the pretties beach we have here in jersey.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
very true but love to look for things that wash ashore on the beach .I usually stay in the Showboat and hubby plays the slots for awhile and i just enjoy finding things and bringing them home .Everything i find is just another treasure .I miss shop rite also ,good gosh how I miss shop rite .We stop every time we are up there and buy our fav . foods

Attachments

• nj2011 107.JPG
    nj2011 107.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 373
  • nj2011 227.JPG
    nj2011 227.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 428
  • nj2011 266.JPG
    nj2011 266.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 373
  • nj2011 288.JPG
    nj2011 288.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 431
  • nj2011 282.JPG
    nj2011 282.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 365
Reaction score
Yes I remember when I lived in Florida- I fell in love with their grocery store Publix. I swear the make the BEST subs ever! Everytime I visit I have to go get a sub! lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I think i have seen that store in NC .I go to NC alot because it is only 15 minutes from my house .You get used to something and it becomes a habit you can't control .I love subways veggie subs .Sad when you have to go that far to feed your addiction .;):rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hello and welcome :) I am in NJ too, but northwest NJ. One thing you will find is that NJ soil is great for tomatoes and of course as mentioned - corn. So if you love tomatoes, make sure to plant some and they will probably grow like crazy!

Reaction score
Hello and welcome :) I am in NJ too, but northwest NJ. One thing you will find is that NJ soil is great for tomatoes and of course as mentioned - corn. So if you love tomatoes, make sure to plant some and they will probably grow like crazy!

Northwest NJ...hmmmI think that is actually a part I may have never visited before :cool:

Ask a Question