Hi...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome aboard! :) What is your background in gardening?

Reaction score
Hi there! Interesting nickname ;) Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. Just wanted to take the time to welcome you to our community, I hope you like it here and find the forum really useful :) By the way, interesting avatar picture (y) Is it what I am thinking it is? (y)

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thank you everyone, for the warm welcome. :)

Becky, I've been gardening since I was a child. I learned from my grandmother. Over the years I have studied and continued to learn. That's what I love about gardening, we are always constantly learning more. :)

Beth, thank you... I love hardy, determined vines that can grow under almost any condition. :)

Last edited:

InvasiveCreeper

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Trellum.... thanks. A woodland goat-creature... (different cultures give them different names). My name reflects my love for unstoppable, rebellious vines. I grow many vines. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thank you everyone, for the warm welcome. :)

Becky, I've been gardening since I was a child. I learned from my grandmother. Over the years I have studied and continued to learn. That's what I love about gardening, we are always constantly learning more. :)

Beth, thank you... I love hardy, determined vines that can grow under almost any condition. :)

Great. Can I send you all my creeping charlie? Hardy, determined and definitely an invasive creeper that grows under any conditions! :D

InvasiveCreeper

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Beth,

That would be great, they would get a good home. I have actually grown Creeping Charlie (glechoma hederacea) from seed and have many in pots as houseplants. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Beth,

That would be great, they would get a good home. I have actually grown Creeping Charlie (glechoma hederacea) from seed and have many in pots as houseplants. :)

You're weird, LOL.
I know it has medicinal benefits (can't recall details but read up on it a while back) and the flowers are cute and attract bees. I don't mind it for the most part except it tends to get in and strangle the veggies and perennial beds. I pull a lot of it up every growing season. I have several planters outdoors that I never got around to planting anything in this spring, and just let them fill up with creeping charlie and clover.

InvasiveCreeper

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Beth,

LOL :)

Yes, the flowers are attractive. It's in the mint family. It's also called ground ivy. It's a fierce little plant. :)

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
You are welcome! We have shared more about gardening and am proud to welcome you to this forum. Hope you will share your gardening experience with us.

InvasiveCreeper

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks Becky :)

Thank you Sixxup :)

So nice, the diversity here, Great Britain, Kenya... It will be wonderful to hear such perspectives. My family is very traditional. I am half Lithuanian and half German. Lithuanians are tied strongly to nature and gardening, and the old Germans always had a strong connection to nature as well. So I have been influenced a lot in this regard.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XitoxFootPadsbuy

Latest Threads