JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm not a big gardener, but I installed a small pond last year and have done a lot of planting around it, such as Ferns, Lilies, and Lavender plants. I've also been growing a lot of seeds like Blanket Flower 'Goblin', Coreopsis 'Mardi Gras', Dianthus 'Arctic Fire', Butterfly Weed, and Mexican Sunflowers. I also have a couple tomato plants.

I'm hoping this fall to plant a good amount of Black Eyed Susan's and Cone Flower seeds in a small section of the back yard. I have zero experience with starting seeds in Fall, and limited experience with starting seeds outdoors, so that's one of the reasons I signed up. I would love to know everything I'll need to do to ensure I don't kill them and have no cone flowers next year. I would love to hear what you guys with experience have to say!

Reaction score
Welcome from Connecticut! I envy your pond, wish that I had the space to have one. You will find all kinds of interesting info on this site and plenty of people who will answer your questions.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thought I should share some photos of my area:

DSCN5219.png
DSCN5414.png
DSCN5528.png
IMG_6898.png
DSCN3146.png
DSCN5526.png

& here's the area I intend to plant wildflower seeds in fall. Right now I'm waiting to see if Blanket Flower seeds emerge.
DSCN5507.png

Ask a Question