Hello from wisconsin

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Jen and I'm excited to be here!

My passion is strawberries and sweet corn. I've hit rock bottom every year we plant sweet corn, but the strawberries are doing well. I also plant raspberries, but they're pretty self sufficient so I haven't done much with them.

I look forward to meeting everyone, have a great day!

Jen

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
welcome and i am from NJ and biggest thing I miss is Jersey sweet corn and all the fruit and veggie stands

Reaction score
I adore sweet corn! We have a corn roast every year. Last year we had 115 people come...some of them I didn't even know!

I'm not sure what to do this year as I hear my corn supplier just went under. I guess he was contracted with an older gentleman for a field and now that man has passed away. His corn product is some kind of "secret" and he still refuses to tell me, but I swear, I've never tasted anything like it. It's like a candy bi-color and is amazing. Every year I try corn from other markets and every year I curse at myself for doing so...now I don't know what I'll do. The corn is the center of the party! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome aboard! :) I love sweetcorn too - when I was a teenager I had fixed braces for years and eating corn on the cob was a real nightmare, so I particularly relish it now that it's no longer a problem!

Ask a Question