Hi from an Olde Growth Gardener!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Hi everyone! I'm NewLeaf, a hobbyist gardener and nature lover. Just joined this site.

New to using garden sites/ gardening social media, but not new to gardening.
I've been growing and sowing edible & ornamental plants, mostly successfully, for over 40 years.

My growing area is East TX(Zone 9a)- Currently into "gardening on a shoestring budget".
I grow my plants from seed whenever possible, to save money.

I find the following seed starting websites very useful, so I am sharing them:

I bet lots of people here are busy, as this is a planting time of year for a lot of folk, including me.
Happy I found y'all!
Iris

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi everyone! I'm NewLeaf, a hobbyist gardener and nature lover. Just joined this site.

New to using garden sites/ gardening social media, but not new to gardening.
I've been growing and sowing edible & ornamental plants, mostly successfully, for over 40 years.

My growing area is East TX(Zone 9a)- Currently into "gardening on a shoestring budget".
I grow my plants from seed whenever possible, to save money.

I find the following seed starting websites very useful, so I am sharing them:

I bet lots of people here are busy, as this is a planting time of year for a lot of folk, including me.
Happy I found y'all!
Iris
Welcome, Iris! Your gardening experience is impressive and will surely be an inspiration to many here. I particularly appreciate your economical approach to gardening and your generosity in sharing useful resources. Good luck and looking forward to exchanging gardening tips with you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Maybe, there is still time for a frost or two round here.
Yes it continues to hit freezing in the morning, zone 5b. However, adding compost and fertilizer to all the fruiting perenials as they wake up. Picking up compost and fertilizer from the big box store. Preparing seeds indoor. Spring garden cleaning. I guess the start time depends on the size of your garden. I have been busy since early March.

MOD

Ask a Question