Golden Pothos

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received a cut from my mom from a Golden Pothos. The plant was originally my grandmother's and she's no longer with us. I brought it home and placed it in fertilized soil but its not doing well. I'm desperate to keep it alive and thriving. I've never had a problem keeping plants alive until now so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20220403_074652.jpg
    20220403_074652.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 15

Nili

Leaf enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
India
I received a cut from my mom from a Golden Pothos. The plant was originally my grandmother's and she's no longer with us. I brought it home and placed it in fertilized soil but its not doing well. I'm desperate to keep it alive and thriving. I've never had a problem keeping plants alive until now so I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?
It can still survive. Why not grow in water for sometime..

Nili

Leaf enthusiast
Reaction score
Country
India
I can do that ans the root won't rot?
Pothos root won't rot as we think. They grow normally in water as they do on soil. If it does rot, then might be due to
fungal infection. The idea is to change the water every two days. Water dissolving fertilizers can be added too. Since the state of the plant is like this, we need to revive it by making them grow new roots.

I have marked the nodes which have high possibility of growing new roots.
20220403_074652.jpg

You can cut and divide them into three or four parts. Put them in different glass containers with clean water. Place them near well light area.

Pothos grow like free flowing vines. Do not try to disturb their growing path. I observed that they don't like to be tamed to follow a path.

Surely, they have the potential to revive. When they grow for 2 or 4 inches you can put them on soil again.

Last edited:

Ask a Question