Help my red Robin tree

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I planted two red Robin trees in my garden, one is doing really well. The other looks like the leaves are limp and dying. Any advice please?
6BDF2AA2-8B82-4D30-8B3F-49A73B4D3E90.png

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome - from just down the road :). It looks like your Photinia has the dreaded blight, which it is prone to I'm afraid, although that picture is not very clear. The only thing to do is cut it back with clean pruners to good wood. Do it quickly. If you are too late, you may as well dig it up and burn it.
Keep a close eye on the other one, and chop off any blight you see to good wood. Just as a bonus, in case you're not aware, to keep your shrub looking red and bright, it's important to chop it back regularly as soon as the leaves start to look duller and greener. All the new growth (which doesn't take long to show) will be lovely and bright red again, as well as thickening your shrub and making it tough and healthy.

Ask a Question