Help my raspberry plant

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Can anyone help revive my raspberry plant? I have no idea what’s wrong with it. I test it to see if it needs water and it always feel like it needs watering. Everyday. I use fertilizer also. Maybe I’m doing something wrong with type of water (I Just use tap). Maybe too much fer or too little?

Attachments

• 4B8CFB63-6AFE-435A-BF6C-74FFAFE7EEB8.jpeg
    4B8CFB63-6AFE-435A-BF6C-74FFAFE7EEB8.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 111
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I do believe you have successfully drowned your plants. Stop with the watering everyday and your plants might survive. What kind of soil are the plants planted in and are there any products in the soil similar to Miracle Grow Water Retention Crystals? You shouldn't have to water but maybe every 4 -6 days. How do you test for moisture?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I do believe you have successfully drowned your plants. Stop with the watering everyday and your plants might survive. What kind of soil are the plants planted in and are there any products in the soil similar to Miracle Grow Water Retention Crystals? You shouldn't have to water but maybe every 4 -6 days. How do you test for moisture?

Oh no. They are planted in regular soil: Miracle Gro Moisture Control Potting Soil. I test using my fingers. I am obviously doing a terrible job. Is there a tool I can buy that’s reliable to test for moisture? Thank you for this info.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Oh no. They are planted in regular soil: Miracle Gro Moisture Control Potting Soil. I test using my fingers. I am obviously doing a terrible job. Is there a tool I can buy that’s reliable to test for moisture? Thank you for this info.
Just don't water but about once a week and maybe the plants will pull through. As it is now the roots of the plants are saturated. I do not believe there is a GOOD moisture reading tool. If the plants start to turn black on parts of the stem it has root rot. If this happens repot into a good potting mix, NOT Miracle Grow anything. But stop watering.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just don't water but about once a week and maybe the plants will pull through. As it is now the roots of the plants are saturated. I do not believe there is a GOOD moisture reading tool. If the plants start to turn black on parts of the stem it has root rot. If this happens repot into a good potting mix, NOT Miracle Grow anything. But stop watering.

‘thank you for the advice. Is there a soil you recommend?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
‘thank you for the advice. Is there a soil you recommend?
Just any organic acidic potting soil will do. Just make sure it is acidic. If it isn't you can add peat moss to make it acidic. And please, stay away from any Scotts or Miracle Grow Product. MG supposedly has an organic potting soil but until it has been properly tested by gardeners I'd stay away from it.

Ask a Question