Help my aloe Vera!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone ,
I’m new to the group and was just wondering if any of you could help me? I have an aloe Vera plant that I’ve had for about 18 months but in the last few months it’s gone mad and is currently looking like this!! (See picture below!) do I need to repot it? Or is there anything I can do to help it?
Many thanks!!
333ADAC6-7EE6-499B-9B6B-0130DDF9DB84.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It desperately needs more light. The stem should never be visible on a plant grown in sufficient light. I know you don't get much daylight in the winter, but you need to move it closer to a light source.... any light source. It would burn if I moved it into sun here, but yours is not as intense.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Cpp Gardener is correct Aloe that is kept in low light often grow leggy. Below is mine Aloe 6 years old I keep it by the window here in Buffalo. Also, your plant looks like it needs more soil just to bring the plant a little higher so it can get the light it needs and stop growing leggy.
buffalogrowingplants.com Aloe Vera.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It desperately needs more light. The stem should never be visible on a plant grown in sufficient light. I know you don't get much daylight in the winter, but you need to move it closer to a light source.... any light source. It would burn if I moved it into sun here, but yours is not as intense.
Thank you! The plant has been next to my window but maybe I’ll move it into a different room and see if I can get a better response!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Cpp Gardener is correct Aloe that is kept in low light often grow leggy. Below is mine Aloe 6 years old I keep it by the window here in Buffalo. Also, your plant looks like it needs more soil just to bring the plant a little higher so it can get the light it needs and stop growing leggy.
View attachment 75558
Thank you for your reply! I’ve topped the soil up so hopefully that will help it to get some more light! Do I need to cut back any of it in order to help this process?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hi, Yes you can cut if you want to, that will intrigue the plant to shoot some pups. Also if you want the part that you cut insert it in cinnamon and coated nicely shakes the excess cinnamon and plant on a different pot add some water in a couple of months she will grow as another plant.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Yes you can cut if you want to, that will intrigue the plant to shoot some pups. Also if you want the part that you cut insert it in cinnamon and coated nicely shakes the excess cinnamon and plant on a different pot add some water in a couple of months she will grow as another plant.
Perfect , I’ll try this! Thank you for your help

Ask a Question