Help Identifying Hedge in front yard

Reaction score
Country
United States
Folks, so 20 years back I planted these hedges in my front yard. Unfortunately I can not locate the tags. Plants are well over 10' high, have very nice smelling white blooms both spring and fall. Leaves have points but they are not hard, don't attack you like many sticky plants.
I would very much like to add additional plants if someone can identify and I can locate.
frontyard hedge1.JPG

frontyear hedge2.JPG

Thanks, r

Reaction score
Country
United States
I concur. This appears to be Fortune's Sweet-Olive (Osmanthus x fortunei), It is a primary hybrid of the Holly-Olive (O. heterophyllus) and
the Sweet-Olive (O. fragrans). Both parent species are native to eastern Asia, Taiwan, and Japan.
This shrub is most notable for blooming in in the Fall, but it is also know for producing flowers in Spring.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I concur. This appears to be Fortune's Sweet-Olive (Osmanthus x fortunei), It is a primary hybrid of the Holly-Olive (O. heterophyllus) and
the Sweet-Olive (O. fragrans). Both parent species are native to eastern Asia, Taiwan, and Japan.
This shrub is most notable for blooming in in the Fall, but it is also know for producing flowers in Spring.
Sir, I believe you to be correct, I have compared to photo's on several sites. Your assistance is most appreciated. thanks, Ray

Ask a Question