Help identify please!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Help! What is this? It’s on my tomatoes and pepper seedlings in greenhouse!image.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That is insect or caterpillar damage. Look closely for what it is. If insects spray with spinosad and if caterpillars spray with Bt. Looper/inchworm seem to be bad this year.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have looked with a magnifying glass. Can’t see anything. I think I’ll spray it anyway. It. Has spread from tomatoes to peppers in the greenhouse, but not onto other plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have looked with a magnifying glass. Can’t see anything. I think I’ll spray it anyway. It. Has spread from tomatoes to peppers in the greenhouse, but not onto other plants
They could be anywhere. In the soil, on the back of the leaves or on the stems. Also they might only show at night. I am 99.9% sure that it is caterpillars. They will be very tiny and the same color green as the plants. They'll be the same color because they are eating the skin of the leaves where the chlorophyll is. If they aren't on the other plants they soon will be.

Ask a Question