Hello!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi All! I joined this forum because I'm really eager to improve my knowledge and skills as a vegetenarian (a veterinarian for plants? haha) and need a little help making sure I'm providing the best care for my wards. I posted something under a different board regarding fusarium wilt but I guess I should have introduced myself first. I live in Delaware and although I've always dabbled in gardening I've recently expanded my pursuits to the best of my suburban yard's ability. I currently have two separate gardening areas (wish I could do more!)- a fenced in area approx 200 sq ft with 4 separate beds (only raised about 2 inches) and this year my hubs and I built & installed three 6'x3'x4' raised beds in a separate part of the yard (that was a LOT of soil to fill in!). I've also gone a bit crazy with containers which have been working out wonderfully- tons of peppers, sugar baby watermelons, tomatoes (green fried! yum!), beets & radishes so far! Looking forward to being a part of this community!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, friends! Sad to say pretty much everything died except for a magnificent eggplant, a few container tomatoes and some cukes. Swiss chard, romaine and most other herbs seemed to do ok too. We've had a crazy amount of dryness then downpours and ridiculous humidity for long stretches this year. We also have squirrels. Love hate relationship. They don't have a grocery store as a backup plan so I was willing to take them throwing giant green tomatoes at my head from 50ft up in the trees!

Ask a Question