Hello from Louisiana

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm new to the forum and i'm so glad for places like this. I have a small garden in the back of my house, maybe 15 by 12 with raised planting boxes for strawberrys, a couple of bush green bean plants and a crooked neck squash plant. Everything is doing fine.

however, i have a problem. When my strawberries get big and just start to turn red, lizards or geckos come along and steal them. I have bird netting up for the birds but these little buggers slip in. ugh!

my question: if i construct a finer mesh net box to go over them, such as nylon screen door type of material, will it let in enough light for the plants or is it too fine?

TIA
Lance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @leschuler :)
Although we are not plagued with lizards or geckos here, we do have other hungry visitors ready to pinch our produce. I have used the very fine white mesh, and it seems to be fine. I think your strawberries will have a better chance (or you will) with it rather than without.
Good luck
1591167692011.png

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks, i thought as much, just didn't know how much sun the screen would allow through and if that would be an issue. you are right better for me and the berries.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Ask a Question