Hello from Oregon

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello to all who read,

I was searching on the internet for a gardening forum that is involved in indoor vegetable gardening, and it looks like this one will fit the bill! I am just getting into vegetable gardening indoors, (as I have an economy apartment, without even my own kitchen), and am halfway to planting my first Swiss Chard and Bunching Onions in Earthbox planters.

I also plan to get involved in growing sprouts. Maybe even eventually for a small commercial venture.

I am Christian and very dedicated to the Lord Jesus, spreading the gospel. I believe that God created the Earth and universe, and that he made every plant on Earth for some specific purpose, medicine, food, dyes, etc.

I'm looking forward to participating in these forums! It looks that they are lively, which is good, and I'll enjoy sharing what I've learned and learning from you folks about gardening in general. Glad I found these forums! It'll be enjoyable to participate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome! I always have chard in my garden; it is one of my favourite greens.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place

Reaction score
Hi there! Welcome to the forum! Best of luck with your projects, they do sound like a lot fun, and don't worry, you have come to the right place :) We have one of the most lively gardening comunities out there :) We also have some really wise and knowledgeable members who will help if you ask.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thank you for the welcome all :). I agree Esther, my favorite part of Oregon is the coast, went in May this year and planning to go 2-3 more times this Summer. It's amazing how 2-3 days of the coast completely melts all city stress away. I feel very fortunate to live here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Have you visited/stayed at the Sylvia Beach Hotel in Newport. The best, look it up. did the coastline first time about 20 years ago, Went to a wedding in California, the few to Eugene, then drove to the coastline. had done some research. Stayed in Sylvia Beach for 3 nights, then drove north and stayed in a typical B&B in Astoria. Love the coast of Washington state. Oysterville, so quaint. And the lavender fields. So two years ago, another wedding in California, and did the same trip. Love it. Lot has grown up, over the 20 years. Newport, lots more shops etc. Stopped in Lincoln City at an Art Gallery, bought a copper fish by the Tim Power, could not pass it up. Both times I end up just sound of Seattle staying 3 nights with cousins then fly out of Seattle airport. One day, I promise myself to divert and go to Portland to experience the restaurants they are known for. But what would I give up to do that.

Again to say, if any of you want a real treat to stay somewhere so so special, Sylvia Beach Hotel.

Ask a Question