retired the old user name, so a new year a new hello!

the lawnsman

lawn and garden super freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
happy 2019 all!

As the MG has left the building for warmer climes, I find it only fitting to retire the MGguy signature as well.

Hello (again) from the lawnsman!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome back Lawnsman :)

the lawnsman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome back Lawnsman :)
thanks zigs-never really left, except in name only, the MG that I had since 19990 is moving on to Atlanta, Georgia, and I didn't think it fitting to retain the title any longer. (Now, if the triumph TR6 I've had my eye on would happen to land at my doorstep, then I suppose I could become triumphguy, lol.)

the lawnsman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I recon a heavy duty pick up would be more uses to a lawnmower man ..........maybe a Chevrolet Silverado;)

So what are you going to get to replace the MG? What about a nice Lotus?

well, the MGB has a fuel injected V6 transplant of the GM variety, and is a real hoot to drive-but now I'm looking at a bone stock TR6.

the lawnsman

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I recon a heavy duty pick up would be more uses to a lawnmower man ..........maybe a Chevrolet Silverado;)

funny you mention pickup trucks, as a lawnsman, I've always driven red ford F150's. Currently on my 5th one and looking for a new, yep, red F150. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
funny you mention pickup trucks, as a lawnsman, I've always driven red ford F150's. Currently on my 5th one and looking for a new, yep, red F150. LOL

I am partial to the F-250. This is my 1993 and it is flawless including the original paint. Not real practical but coupled with my 3 ton capacity trailer there isn’t much I can’t do.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Welcome back the lawnsman. :)

I'd much rather have Doug's beast F-250 any day over the Triumph TR6? The only problem here in the UK trying to run the F-250 would be to obtain a mortgage just to fill it with fuel? :)

You mentioning a TR6 reminds me of when Bron and I were just about to be married; a friend had a TR6 and it needed its gearbox/overdrive sorting out and of course I was asked to do the work; with our marriage imminent and sorting out our house mortgage I didn't have the time but my friend then said if I could remove the gearbox unit he had another friend who could repair it? I pulled out the unit and my friend collected it; about a week later my friend arrived saying his other friend had really messed up; he had stripped the overdrive but didn't know how to put it all back together; a brand new gearbox was supplied but the overdrive was just a big box of springs etc, anyway I completed the job and took Bron for a spin in it to try it out; yes everything was now working so my friend was absolutely delighted.

A short while later my friend informed me the TR6 was now a wreck having been written off; he had been towing it on a trailer behind his Land Rover when the towing hitch snapped. If I recall I think the TR6 was rated at 160bhp? Oh um such is life.

Below is a picture of a car exactly as I used to own it being an Austin Healey 100/4. I'd like to own it now but not with a price tag of £80,000 in top condition; I paid £150 for mine in showroom condition but over 40 years ago.

Kind regards, Colin.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had an austn healey too (sprite) .....3 of them...triumph spitfire, stag and one or two others. Those were the days, driving in the open air simply seemed like fun time :):)

Ask a Question