Hello everyone!

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am excited to join this forum and learn new things about gardening. I started gardening with my mother when I was about 10 years old and feel in love with it. I am a mother of 2 and cannot wait to share my gardening hobby with my children.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Lindsay. I signed up about a month ago and absolutely love it. I have a passion for indoor and outdoor gardening, but primarily flowers and plants. I've not tried vegetable gardening yet and not sure if I'll ever try it. My home is filled to the brim with beautiful houseplants, however, my son and daughter, so far, have not shared my excitement about horticulture. Both just sort of ignore the plants, which is OK by me, because you can't have too many people trying to water the same plants. I've put plants in both my daughter and my son's bedrooms only to have to remove the plants a few weeks later because the plants are neglected. I tell them to, "make sure you open the curtains to allow the plants to get light." Most of the time, I enter their rooms after they leave for school, curtains are not open, the plants are sitting in the dark.

It's OK, I don't try to force my passion on them. I'm thinking, as they get older, since they will have grown up around plants, they might come around. My mom had a few plants when I was a kid, but we were more into aquariums and tropical fish (which I still love today). I didn't get into plants until my early 20's, so I was a late bloomer, if you will (pun intended).

Ask a Question