Hardiness Zones

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but I'd like to thank the administrators for posting the Hardiness Zone information. I moved two years ago, from Virginia to Tennessee, and we are actually further south than before. I just assumed that we were in the same zone (7a), but when I entered my zip code, I discovered I was actually in zone 6a. That was quite a surprise, to be in a lower zone, even though I'm further south!

I don't know if it will make much difference in my planting habits and what I can grow here, but it's always nice to know. Again, thanks for the link!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just saw that message too, and I found my hardiness zones through a Google search! It is a surprise to see but also interesting! Mine is updated and I just hope I did it right :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I just found out that I am in zone 8b, which I never really knew before. It was interesting that zones could change from city to city, at least that was what I noticed when I was looking down the city list for my city. Now I need to go do some more research on my zone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I started learning about my hardiness zone when I started ordering plants and seeds through Burpee. Since I'm still fairly new at gardening, I'm ordering some plants already started and some plants from seed. They send the plants exactly when you should plant them in your zone. It did not bode when for my spinach and kale last fall, but winter started really early here. My poor plants froze to death. I tried though!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Well, yesterday we were in zone 5, and today we are in 7, with zone 8 predicted for tomorrow! Texas is changeable, to say the least.
We are on the border of 8a/8b, so we try to err on the side of caution and consider ourselves in 8a. We have found the zone appellation to be most helpful, especially when dealing with plants that aren't native to our area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I received the message to add my hardiness zone, which is 5b, but don't understand where one is supposed to add it? I looked in my profile settings and didn't see a field for it. I already had it listed within my location.

Ask a Question