Growing thyme indoors.

Reaction score
I had always bad experiences growing thyme inside, while in the garden is thriving, in the room somehow the temperature is too high for it?
Do you have any tips or experiences growing thyme inside?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'd like to learn more about growing thyme indoors too. Any tips are welcome. My new thyme plant died very quickly:( I have no idea what I did wrong.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have recently moved and my new home seems to get adequate lighting. I was looking to buy some herbs for my kitchen window sill but the stores around my world had stopped carrying herbs until spring. Thyme is one of the herbs that my son loves to cook with, and I am planting on having it grown in a container.

Reaction score
I am about to embark on my journey of planting an indoor herb garden. I want to pant some cilantro, basil, and thyme. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have a gal pot of thyme growing in my south window and I keep cutting back because it gets to tall and blocks the light for other plants, I water it when is really dry and only feed it onces every 2 months. they like lots of light and don't seem to mind the heat in the room, temps run about 85f with 70% humidity because of my orchids and other plants that need higher humidity.

Reaction score
I haven't had any kind of trouble growing this herb in the past ;) But I think that is because my house is naturally very cool (the temperature in some rooms is specially cool during the hot season).

Ask a Question