Growing Season?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi there--

I was looking up growth rates of certain trees (I need a very fast-growing tree) and it talked about a certain amount of inches per growing season. I've looked all over on Google and I don't know what it means by "growing season." I assume different trees have different growing seasons? Are they only referring to deciduous trees? Thanks!

Kate

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Seasons mean the days of the year above 45F-50F. When the temps are below that the trees will go dormant. That is why we have fall colors. And no, it is not just deciduous trees. Evergreens more or less keep their leaves but they do not actually grow much if any. When it starts to get cold the sap starts to tend to go to the bottom of the tree. For instance Maples as in maple syrup.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks! For my purposes, it shouldn't be that much of a problem since I live in sunny Southern California. The coldest it gets is about 40F and that's RARE and pretty much only early in the morning or late at night.

Ask a Question