Greenhouses?

Reaction score
I bought an inexpensive one on amazon. It's a 4x6. Works great so far though I have had much need for it as I got it at the hottest point in the summer.

images

I have pictures of it assembled and set up (rather than the picture from the box above) if anyone is curious about it. I think it was like $90 on amazon. Not bad at all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I bought an inexpensive one on amazon. It's a 4x6. Works great so far though I have had much need for it as I got it at the hottest point in the summer.

images

I have pictures of it assembled and set up (rather than the picture from the box above) if anyone is curious about it. I think it was like $90 on amazon. Not bad at all.

The one that I have is smaller than that; it's maybe 1 x 4, and at the moment it's a butterfly habitat. I was thinking of getting two more the same size, but I like the walk-in feature of yours. It certainly has a lot more room and I could get some of my taller plants in there as well if needed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Thanks! This looks like plenty of room for what I need for now. It doesn't get that cold for that long, but I have lost a couple plants to freezing temperatures before.

Reaction score
I really like the recycled bottles idea. I will have to look up more on the subject. Hubby wants a greenhouse too. So much to do and so little time.

Reaction score
My sweet hubby built me one out of mostly recycled materials, it is a "GREEN" green house. :D

Wow, this is so great. I will show these pictures to my hubby. We just bought a 10x8 greenhouse from Harbour Freight but I like your Greenhouse. We have not set up ours yet. This is so great... Thank you for sharing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I ended up with one similar to the one above in response #33. It actually has shelves on both sides, but it came in what seemed like 1000 pieces and immediately started to lean after I filled it. There was a freeze coming so I had to leave it up. Now I'm looking for a way to support the frame because it was such a good deal and it sort of works for me in the short term.

Reaction score
Does anyone on here have a greenhouse? Have you got any pictures? I plan on getting a greenhouse at some point, my parents always meant to have one and then when I got really into gardening I wanted to get one to protect tropical plants on cold days but I still haven't managed it yet!

Seeing as I plan on getting many tropical/subtropical fruiting trees/shrubs/vines, I really want to get one soon and am trying to figure out what size I want it to be and what materials I want it to be made from, etc. I might even just get some pop up ones for the time being so they can be put up and taken down when necessary. Being in Florida, we don't get many freezes.
I've been looking for the simplest way to build a greenhouse and when I saw this video I thought to myself why didn't I think of that ! so genius !!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I picked this one up for around $16 and will use it to get a jump on things this year. http://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/storage-buildings/greenhouses/4-shelf-greenhouse/p-1505644-c-10122.htm Not great quality but also not much more than those little tray terrariums used for seed starting. Getting back onto having a real garden this year and don't want to do too much too soon in case I don't enjoy it like I used to.

If it works out well I may move on to something like this http://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/storage-buildings/greenhouses/planthouse-5-greenhouse-clear/p-1920544-c-10122.htm Fits into the space I have and would give me more than enough space to get a jump on things in the spring and keep things going farther into fall/early winter

Reaction score
I was at Home Depot the other day and they actually have some small pre built green houses, I was really considering buying one, but I have to figure out what I want to grow in it first. Those are some great pictures.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland

images

It's so cute! It would be a perfect greenhouse for me. I hope it's still available on Amazon. I like how inexpensive it is. I dream of having a greenhouse, but I really can't afford anything very big or fancy.
Whitewolf2578 - how much do they cost?

Ask a Question