Greenhouses

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm looking to buy my first little greenhouse ,something about 6' x 8', I've seen some nice ones on Amazon but reading the various reviews I'm fearful of not being able to put the thing together. Having zero aptitude for such things does anyone have any recommendation for a greenhouse (so easy even a cave girl can do it) Thanks and have a nice new year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
The Harbor Freight 6 x 8 has served me well and is a good value, sometimes you can even apply a coupon . It's not particularly tricky to put together, but it will probably take a few days at a causal yet focused pace. At times you will need a second pair of hands. Only issue I had was a horizontal brace in the front not fitting quite right. I think all will require time, focus and extra hands to assemble.
http://www.harborfreight.com/6-ft-x-8-ft-greenhouse-47712.html

I've had mine about 4 years and it's held up well although I live in a mild climate and it is somewhat protected. I did change out the panels this year. I've come up with some inexpensive and effective tables and irrigation setups I can share if you do get a greenhouse.

There are other with some nice greenhouses - setups here too. Some good posts in the Greenhouse Gardening section.
https://www.gardening-forums.com/forums/greenhouse-gardening.23/

Here are a couple of pictures of mine.

20161101_162348.jpg

20161101_162337.jpg

Ask a Question