Greenhouse in the foothills

Reaction score
Water Valley, Alberta Canada gardening zone 2b
Thank you.
I think we do get some extra heating in the main building from the heat inside the greenhouse. The main furnace doesn't have to work as much when the greenhouse is kept warm. When the woodstove is running we be sure to keep the door open between the greenhouse and the main building because it can get quite warm in there. The woodstove has an option to install a double walled vent pipe with an exhaust fan to draw hot air directly from the stove to another part of the main building but I haven't installed that yet.
We have had no problems at all with leaks from the overhead glass panels. The aluminum channel that the the glass panels sit on is designed to drain water that would leak past the glass panels directly into the outside gutter that runs along the front of the greenhouse.

Reaction score
Okay. I thought that the frame for the glass looked like it was prefab. My parents was entirely home designed and built. I've got a book on building greenhouses/sunspaces, but it's about 30 years old, so some of the info is out of date.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my dream to add a greenhouse to my home so that I can play in the dirt to my hearts content no matter the weather. You greenhouse is so beautiful, the setting in the winter with the big buck looking in the window is a picture in its self to be treasured. Thanks for sharing.

Ask a Question