Garden makeover

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@Kerry an avatar is the picture in the box to the left of your posts. I f you hit on your name at the top of the page it will give you a drop down box. Click on account details and that will take you to the right area. :)

I won't be planting any hedges, as you say they are high maintenance and I'm getting on a bit. My last garden had 150ft of hedging, never again! :) The fencing is adequate for a rural position although one is about to be replaced by the owner of the neighbouring field, the posts are rotten. The horses don't attempt to push through the fence whereas cattle or sheep would.
Hi sheal, I know what you mean re hedges, it was just a thought to try to deter horses and add some colour. Foxgloves might be an idea for your border as they self send and look after themselves. What ideas do you have yourself? Kerry

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Foxgloves are poisonous and I can't risk those with the horses in the field. I don't plan a garden and never have. When I'm working out there ideas come to mind, they may develop or get discarded if I don't think they will work. :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Foxgloves are indeed poisonous,they are in nature every where. You clearly already have your own ideas for your garden, I won’t bother you with any more suggestions. Thanks for your sense of humour and rapour. Kerry

Ask a Question