Fusarium wilt on tomato plants

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Have you tried it as a preventative, rather than reactive use?
No, I haven't. I don't see anything in h2o2 that would stay on the plant for any length of time that would prevent EB. Possibly if I sprayed super often it would work. Perhaps a surfactant to help it stick on the plant? All I really know is that once EB shows up h202 does not work on tomatoes.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
H2O2 is not for spraying on plants, it's a soil soak whereby when it breaks down into water and oxygen, it will form O2 molecules, unless there is fungus to attack, when it will oxidise and kill the fungus.
Fusarium and verticillium wilts are both soil-borne, so my hope, rather than expectation, would be that it might at least help in the short-run, and eradicate the problem in the long-run.
As for EB, I would imagine you'd have to soak your soil periodically, but it would help against infection by soil-splash, even if it wouldn't help with the wind-borne element.
For that I'd use foliar a-a-c-t. with double molasses.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
H2O2 is not for spraying on plants, it's a soil soak whereby when it breaks down into water and oxygen, it will form O2 molecules, unless there is fungus to attack, when it will oxidise and kill the fungus.
Fusarium and verticillium wilts are both soil-borne, so my hope, rather than expectation, would be that it might at least help in the short-run, and eradicate the problem in the long-run.
As for EB, I would imagine you'd have to soak your soil periodically, but it would help against infection by soil-splash, even if it wouldn't help with the wind-borne element.
For that I'd use foliar a-a-c-t. with double molasses.
I haven't used h2o2 as a soil drench but many times with aact.

Ask a Question