Fungus with Papaya tree?

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
My papaya tree (in Singapore weather) is developing something white below the leaves, I tried to wash away it every few days but it keeps growing, I also tried neem oil but doesn't seem to help, can someone suggest a way to properly treat it?

img.jpg
img.jpg
img.jpg

2017-01 CNY IMG_1765.JPG
2017-01 CNY IMG_1766.JPG
2017-01 CNY IMG_1767.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My papaya tree (in Singapore weather) is developing something white below the leaves, I tried to wash away it every few days but it keeps growing, I also tried neem oil but doesn't seem to help, can someone suggest a way to properly treat it?

img.jpg
img.jpg
img.jpg

View attachment 16498 View attachment 16499 View attachment 16500
Those white things are scale insects/mealy bugs. Neem Oil is the drug of choice but you must cover the insects with it. Just spraying the leaves will not kill them. Neem oil suffocates them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Yeap, mealy bugs, don't let that fuzzy look fool you, it's a bug. Just washing them off with water works, but personally, I allow other insects to take care of them, such as ladybugs....:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Bugs, they suck the juice out of leaves making them wrinkle, Good thing about them is they ate the growing tip now I have two branches growing by its side.;)

add neem oil 5ml to 1/4 gallon of lukewarm water into a spray bottle, shake it, till it becomes emulsion(oil turns to tiny droplet) spray it on the plant adjust spray to sprinkle mode, as jet stream mode will damage the leaf more.

Ask a Question