From Oklahoma

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Where would I find it then? Tractor supply? Lowes? As many of those saplings as we get each year, I bet I can go through a bottle! If I knew just which tree was throwing them, I’d be nipping the buds and doing my best to reduce the numbers. This is a google earth of our property and rough draft of plans. I need to change a few things, as alkaline as our water is, I don’t know blueberries would do well. Haven’t tested the soil, but I think it will be alkaline too. Ph for water from the well is around 8, GH is around 150, KH is around 300. That’s well water, shallow (30’) well. Not sure just how much that impacts soil, but pretty sure alkaline water won’t be in acidic soil! We need to add more trees to the north as a wind break, and I want tons of berry bushes/ canes.
Can you take a picture of the larger saplings? Need to know exactly what you are dealing with.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Where would I find it then? Tractor supply? Lowes? As many of those saplings as we get each year, I bet I can go through a bottle! If I knew just which tree was throwing them, I’d be nipping the buds and doing my best to reduce the numbers. This is a google earth of our property and rough draft of plans. I need to change a few things, as alkaline as our water is, I don’t know blueberries would do well. Haven’t tested the soil, but I think it will be alkaline too. Ph for water from the well is around 8, GH is around 150, KH is around 300. That’s well water, shallow (30’) well. Not sure just how much that impacts soil, but pretty sure alkaline water won’t be in acidic soil! We need to add more trees to the north as a wind break, and I want tons of berry bushes/ canes.
If you want berries in alkaline soils blackberries/dewberries do great.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I just came in from finishing today’s planting. I’ll snap pics tomorrow while we are outside if the predictions for rain are wrong. I now have 19 of 33 planters full. And if I count just the bulbs I see sprouted, I might have just enough planters. But my planters are varied in size, from small to xl. I might maybe if I’m lucky, get all of them, plus the little blue bell things once they pop up enough. They may just get planted shallow in with others.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, just wanted to say welcome to the Gardening Forums! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Three more pots of bulbs dug up. And still tons to go! I think I’ll be having to dump the tubs, pack the bulbs in snug on all of them, then refill them with the dirt. I’m sure I’ll loose some, but I’ve literally got hundreds. If I get most of them, I’ll be good. They don’t even need to bloom this year. They can do that if they are healthy enough, but I’d rather they just survive. Temps were in the 60s early AM, down to 37 now, and I’m done for the day. I’ll try to finish it when it warms up again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Can you take a picture of the larger saplings? Need to know exactly what you are dealing with.
Here. The big tree in the circle is one of the ones throwing them out, but here’s pics of the saplings in various sizes.

Attachments

• 30D91414-D022-47F6-85F7-ADBC6F787FBB.jpeg
    30D91414-D022-47F6-85F7-ADBC6F787FBB.jpeg
    357.3 KB · Views: 198
  • AFA48C09-6DA8-42FD-A541-92ED3F5C0F8E.jpeg
    AFA48C09-6DA8-42FD-A541-92ED3F5C0F8E.jpeg
    414.9 KB · Views: 227
  • EB10F3D3-251C-4677-8FDD-D37A299E85B5.jpeg
    EB10F3D3-251C-4677-8FDD-D37A299E85B5.jpeg
    372.5 KB · Views: 216

Ask a Question