Ohai from Oklahoma

Reaction score
I like growing stuff so I needed to join a forum for that. I'm kinda new to the gardening thing but I've had a lot of success with some plants already. I've been growing Horseradishes, blackberries, cherry tomatoes, a pineapple plant, and giant aloe.
I set up an indoor garden too so I can grow peppers and herbs and radishes in containers. When I learn more, I also wanna try growing carnivorous plants.
Right now, I'm growing blue passion flower vines indoors to put in-ground this spring.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum! (y) I'm looking forward to hearing more about your adventures with carnivorous plants!

Reaction score
Thanks! :) My Venus Flytraps were Fail cause I couldn't find any flies but I still wanna try a Sarracenia Purpurea Pitcher Plant. Those can eat flies, ants, spiders, and moths so it'll be easier to find food for it. And I can plant them outside by the pond, in a pot of Sphagnum moss, since they like full sun, humidity, and seasons.

Reaction score
WELCOME!!!

Speaking of Carnivorous plants...I really REALLY want a Venus fly- trap..not for any other reason than my real name is Venus- yup folks you read that right...my mother named me Venus- she was very into greek mythology. And I just love how they eat flies..and because of my dogs and yard area..flies can be pesky in the spring and summer months in my home! Thanks for reminding me..im going on line right now to see if I can purchase one.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

Reaction score
@ Venus,
Cool! :D Just don't over-water it and always use distilled water. We always have ants here so I think I can keep a Pitcher plant alive.

@ Zigs,
Thanks! :D This site really owns so i will be here for a long long time!

Reaction score
WELCOME!!!

Speaking of Carnivorous plants...I really REALLY want a Venus fly- trap..not for any other reason than my real name is Venus- yup folks you read that right...my mother named me Venus- she was very into greek mythology. And I just love how they eat flies..and because of my dogs and yard area..flies can be pesky in the spring and summer months in my home! Thanks for reminding me..im going on line right now to see if I can purchase one.
I love venus fly traps! I really want to start growing some. I never had a green thumb until recently, so now it's actually a possibility that I could grow some. Another carnivorous plant I like is the sundew. It looks like dew on grass, but the dew is actually sticky and the plant consumes the gnat. The hairs that excrete the dew are usually red, making this plant really pretty in my opinion.

Reaction score
Sundew! I saw one and I thought it was amazing and I wanted one but I forgot the name. I definitely wanna get one of those now.

Ask a Question