Freeze dried aloe vera

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings all,
I am new here so I hope I am posting this in the correct place. A little background -- I have done a little bit of gardening for some time, basically growing things I like to put in my salads (diff lettuces, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.). So I do have some experience in growing things but nothing extensive. As a Christmas gift this year, I received a gallon of worm tea and an ounce of freeze dried aloe vera. I have used worm tea as a fertilizer before so I am comfortable with how to use this but have never even heard of gardening with freeze dried aloe before. Does anybody on here have any experience with this and know how and when to best apply this product? I did a search on the site but didn't see any questions around this but if it has been discussed before please direct me there! I do live in a pretty dry area and the research I did said that freeze dried aloe should help with drought resistance by keeping moisture in the soil so I am intrigued by the benefits this could bring. Thanks in advance for whatever knowledge can be shared!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
It sounds like just another garden myth to me, which there is no shortage of. However, I just learned that you can eat the gel of the plant. I do have a few aloe vera plants, so I will give it a try, but only mixed with other foods, because it's suppose to be rather bitter.

Ask a Question