First post! :)

Reaction score
Hey , thought I'd make a quick post before I headed out! Just recently bought a place in Charlie Lake BC Canada (Just out side of Fort St. John) and starting a new garden , or rather prepping it for next year. I took a tiller across a patch of land that looked like it was once used for a garden... Im not even sure how the weeds were growing there the soil is horrendous, regardless I tilled it up, lost 10 pounds from being thrown around by the darned thing LOL but I gotter done. My ideas for the garden keep changing but it is some what of a bare canvas right now. with the exception of a garden shed smack dab in the middle with the door facing the wrong way :s, a lone goose berry bush in the far corner, and a big heaping pile of cut fire wood up against the shed. i'll post some pictures later of what Im working with.

Ive already started to build some raised garden beds and one of which is a pond bench ( for the water garden) that I built yesterday with scraps that were left on the property when we bought it :) I only spent 24$ on the project and think it turned out nice. Today I am going down to the river to go dig up some water plants of the river shore, and take a quick dip in the water with the kids.

My mother is my inspiration into gardening, She passed away quite a few years ago from a long battle with cancer . She was always outside in the garden tending to her flowers and veg, or sitting at the picnic table drinking her morning coffee with the robins at her feet and a hummingbird on her garden hat.

I look forward to reading and learning new things as always, and have already found an abundance of information on this site (as well as the sister site for ponds) Thank you all for sharing your information and experiences :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums! I look forward to hearing more about your project and seeing some pictures :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
welcome and sounds like my mom to ,she really enjoyed being outside and we owned a 5 acre organic farm so she had plenty of chickens at her feet .She and dad were taken from me just after they retired back to PA and sold the farm in NJ after 20 years of selling healthy foods when organic was not a key word and that was almost 30 years ago .They were healthy hippies at least thats what i called them

Ask a Question