Drying or saving herbs

Reaction score
I saw online where you take your Rosemary and put it in ice cube trays. Add olive oil to it and freeze. When you want to use them, you have your Rosemary and your olive oil all together.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My herb production season is something out of the ordinary, for we had lots of rain and some very hot days.

I want to dry my herbs to save them for the coming winter. after many A calculation I found that growing your own herbs is more cost efficient than buying them, and the sense of accomplishment that goes with every crop is just out of this world.

I need some advise on drying my herbs and keeping them, for the technique I am using is going bottoms up at every attempt.

I considered freezing my herbs before, and did a test run, but they just seem to get frostbite and loose their flavor.

I wash & dry my fresh herbs then put them single layer between 2 paper towels in the microwave power level 7 for 30 seconds at a time until dry about 90 seconds.

Ask a Question